Based on a vision of industry trends in decreased costs of storage and the strength of open-source software and standards, TotalCloud Backup introduces key innovations like Instant Restore, Realtime File Check, and Zero-Config Install:
- Instant Restore: Business users can now instantly start downloading files rather than undergo lengthy delays when restoring files due to outdated differential processing methods found in many existing online backup solutions.
- Realtime File Check: Today’s online backup platforms can not verify file integrity completely because they use outdated differential methods. TotalCloud Backup’s new Realtime File Check can verify file integrity on the backup server so there are no nasty surprises during restores, as is common in other tools in the marketplace.
- Zero-Config install: By leveraging powerful filtering, the client can pre-configured backup clients to select or deselect files without user intervention, speeding installation of backup and allowing for automatic deployment of the TotalCloud online backup client. Backup selections may also be customized for each client and updated at any time without affecting the integrity of information already backed up.
- Optional Local backup vault: By providing the option for a client to utilize a local storage vault, which is completely synchronized with the online vault, clients have the security to know their information is secured in redundant locations including on-site.
- Secure and standards compliant: TotalCloud Backup is built from the ground-up to be compliant with secure standards such as PCI DSS, and HIPAA. The TotalCloud Backup service utilizes AES-256 encryption for all file operations on the client and the server, as opposed to only encrypting after local caching as with many legacy tools in the market today.
- Full intelligent De-duplication: TotalCloud Backup intelligently employs data de-duplication which analyzes each file upon storing on the backup server. The server then looks for additional, exact copies of the same file, and removes the duplicates. This process reduces the amount of online storage for backups and streamlines the restore process by only having to restore the duplicated files one time and placing it in all of the original locations.
- SQL Server and Exchange Server support: The client is ready for Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange Server without needing additional plugins or 3rd party add-ons.